1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup Karo syrup
1 can Eagle Brand (use the real stuff I have found it works, the cheap brands do not)
melt butter in pot completely before you add the rest of the ingredients. Stir constantly on Med. heat to 114-115 degrees Celsius. I use Celsius because Fahrenheit has a broader range. We have taken it off at 115 and they turned out fine, but 114 is the best. They turn out soft and chewy.
We also add chopped pecans. Butter a glass pan really well before you pour it in. We don't use a cake pan, we use the glass pan we bake brownies in. It is just a little bit smaller I'm just not sure of the exact size. Then we wait for them to cool completely and cut them into bite size pieces and wrap them in saran wrap or waxed paper.
Let me know if you have any questions. I guarantee you will LOVE these!
Yum Yum! I am not sure if my thermometer was off, but if I make them again I will let it go up a couple more degrees before I pull them off. Mine were still just a tad to gooey. But I loved the peans in them, sooooo good!!!!
ReplyDeletebid mentioned and reminded me that you are at a different altitude too, so that might be better (ovbiously) if you let them go longer! sorry! i never thought about that.
ReplyDeleteOh darn, an excuse to make them again!!!! hee heeeee ;)
ReplyDelete