Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Potato Rolls

I love to buy potato rolls at the grocery store, so I thought we could give these a try....

Potato Rolls
1 yeast cake 1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup luke warm water 1 cup scalded milk
1 cup mashed potatoes
6 to 8 cups flour
1 tsp. salt 2 eggs
2/3 cup Shortening

Mash potatoes, add shortening, sugar, salt and eggs. Cream well. Dissolve yeast in Luke-warm water, then add to Luke-warm scalded milk. Add potato mixture. Add sifted flour to make a soft dough. Toss on floured board and knead well. Put in large bowl let rise until is has doubled in size. Shape into roll and bake at 350 degrees until golden brown.

Sorry this recipe did not come with a time frame, i would guess anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I attempted these rolls. They did not raise. Grrrrr, that is always my problem with bread making. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong?!?!

    ReplyDelete