This one just looks interesting to me. . . .
SALTINE CRACKER TOFFEE
40 salted saltine crackers or enough to line your pan (jelly roll pan)
1 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped pecans (optional, but who wouldn't want them?)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with saltine crackers in a single layer.
In a small pot combine sugar and butter and bring to a boil. Once mixture is at a boil, continue boiling for 3 minutes. Mixture should be a deep caramel color. Immediately pour over saltines and spread over crackers completely.
Bake at 400 degrees 5-6 minutes. It will get all bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top and let sit a couple of minutes to melt. Sometimes I melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for about 1 minute then spread it on. Spread melted chocolate and top with chopped nuts if desired. Coll completely and break into pieces.
Yes, I am so lucky, I always wanted a cook and now I have one....well only for a few days. Allison made this up and it is soooo good. Another good recipe. I rate this one a 5.
ReplyDeleteoh my heck this is so addictive love love love it!
ReplyDelete