LAYERED CARROT CAKE
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 (8-oz) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained.
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
2 egg whites
1 TBS. vanilla extract
3 cups grated carrots.
( vegetable cooking spray)
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
1/2 (8 oz.) package 1/3 less fat cream cheese
2 TBS. butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups powder sugar
1 to 2 tsp, fat free milk ( optional)
1.preheat oven to 350. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Whisk together pineapple and next 4 ingredients; add pineapple mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter into 2 (8in) round cake pans coated with cooking spray.
2. Bake at 350 for 22 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack; cool completely about 1 hour.
PREPARING FROSTING
3. beat first 3 ingredients on medium speed with electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add powder sugar to butter mixture; beat at low speed just until blended. beat in milk for desired consistency. Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate; spread with 2/3 cup frosting, and top with remaining cake layer. Spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake.
****can add 1/2 cup chopped pecans to batter and 1/2 cup golden raisins. ***
I can't wait to make this one, I love carrott cake!
ReplyDeletewhy do you do this to me? i am trying to lose weight here and be as skinny as my sisters! momif you make this i will just have a sliver. well maybe 2! :)
ReplyDeletedoes any one get on here anymore??? i am going to make this for tomorrow! i can't wait! but i will only have a sliver piece! hahaha ya right
ReplyDeleteCamille called and asked what she could bring for Easter dinner and I told her whatever she wanted to bring....I told her I was going to make the carrot cake for our desseret and she said she would make it. I love carrott cake and I loved this recipe. It was so yummy. She left some for me and I had it for lunch today. Imagine that. Dad enjoyed it also. We rated it a 5!
ReplyDelete