Sunday, October 3, 2010

Mango and paprika pork chops

I am submitting 4 recipes this time. I hope you will find something you will like and love. Happy Cooking.

Mango and paprika pork chops

4 boneless pork chops ( about 1 1/2 lbs. total)
2 to 3 tsp. hot hungarian paprika
1 tsp kosher salt, divided
1 tsp. pepper, divided
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 large mango ( about 1 lb.) peeled and cubed
1/2 red onion, cut into thin wedges
1 green bell pepper, sliced
couscous
1/4 cup cilantro leaves

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Sprinkle pork with paprika and 1/2 tsp, each salt and pepper

Heat oil in a large ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Brown pork on both sides, 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.

Add mango, onion, bell pepper and remaining 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper to pan. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes.

Set pork chops on top of mango and bake until meat is no longer pink in center, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve pork and mango over couscous and sprinkle with cilantro.

7 comments:

  1. How do you pick a good mango?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are a little like picking a good avocado. A little soft but not to firm. I like mine more on the soft side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't you remember my experience with pork chops???? i don't think i can make this one, so good thing you put a bunch more for me to chose from!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't remember an experience with pork chops? where have i been? has it been a long time since "the experience"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. this was good but not my fav. i think it could have used a few more levels of flavor, or maybe i just didn't add enough paprika?? loved the onions in it and also thought maybe a can of pineapple tidbits would have been good! me 3.5 vic 4

    ReplyDelete
  6. these were ok for us. not a fav. loved the mangos, but we rated them over all a 3.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pa and I had these tonight. We love porkchops so we enjoyed the meal. I loved the onions and the mango. (surprise, I loved the mango). We rated this one a 3 too.

    ReplyDelete