This recipe comes from my World Wide Ward Christmas Cookbook. I wanted to make it last year but never got to it. Hope it is yummy!
Cookie Truffles
1- 18 oz pkg Oreos
1- 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1- 12 oz pkg semi sweet chocolate chips
1 TBS shortening
Crush the cookies into fin crumbs. Combine 3 C of the cookie crumbs and the cream cheese. Shape into 1 inch balls. Combine the chocolate chips and shortening and melt in the microwave (or double boiler). Stir until smooth; dip the balls in the melted chocolate. Place the balls on waxed paper to set up. While chocolate is still wet sprint with the remaining cookie crumbs. Refrigerate until they are firm, about an hour. Makes about 40 truffles.
These are actually pretty dang good! When I was making them I was a little skeptical. But they turned out great! Next time I will make them with milk chocolate instead of the semi sweet. Delish!
ReplyDeleteMaren actually made these and we tried them and they are really good. She used the milk chocolate and i like that. I did not make these, however I would because they are yummy!!!
ReplyDelete