Monday, January 10, 2011

Lemon Spaghetti

Courtesy Giada De Laurentiis

LEMON SPAGHETTI
1 lb pound spaghetti
2/3 cup olive oil (don't use this much i think i did half)
2/3 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 TBLS lemon zest
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves (we substituted fresh spinach one night and it was really good)

Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk the oil, Parmesan, and lemon juice in a large bowl to blend.
Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Toss the pasta with the lemon sauce, and the reserved cooking liquid, adding 1/4 cup at a time as needed to moisten. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with lemon zest and chopped basil.

We added shrimp that bid had cooked in butter and garlic. It was soooooo good! So try that too! I love this recipe because it is good and so easy.

6 comments:

  1. Looks good. Fun to try a new sphagetti recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good, good Millie! It would be an excellent "light" pasta dish to make and sit out on the patio and eat when it gets warm. Naturally I added more cheese. Also served it with some little shrimpies. Thumbs up on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. allli, i have been anxious to hear if anyone had made it yet! so glad you liked it! we loved it with the shrimp, still want to try it with scallops though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh scallops would be so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this good recipe tonight and both Dad and I liked it. A great twist for sphagetti. I made linguini noodles instead and added the shrimp. Great recipe Camille.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used the angel hair pasta, it was perfect! We also added the shrimp, the basil was a great added flavor also. Awesome recipe Millie!

    ReplyDelete