Saturday, January 29, 2011

Thai Chicken Peanut Noocles

I decided to try a little more ethnic foods, I will probably not use the whole wheat noodles though.

Thai Chicken Peanut Noodles


The ingredients:
1 lb. whole wheat thin spaghetti noodles
2 Tbs. sesame oil
1 garlic clove, peeled
1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbs. brown sugar
1 Tbs. rice vinegar
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/3 - 1 cup water (the original recipe calls for a whole cup,
but the second time we made it with only a 1/3 cup and we much
preferred the spicier flavor)
2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup white onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup red or orange bell pepper, finely chopped
3 cups chicken breast, cooked and shredded (One time I sauteed
it on low heat and the other time I stuck it in the crockpot)
1/4 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
2 Tbs. toasted sesame seeds

Set the water to boil and cook noodles according to package directions.
Meanwhile prepare sauce in the food processor (or blender). Place garlic
and ginger in food processor until well chopped. Add peanut butter, sesame
oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, and red pepper flakes.Pulse until well
combined and slowly add hot water (to taste). Set aside.

Place olive oil in hot skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and bell pepper
for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in cooked chicken breast, cilantro, and salt.
Stir until heated through.

Add sauce and chicken mixture to noodles. Toss to coat and garnish
with peanuts and sesame seeds, if desired. Makes 6 servings.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Yum Yum. We loved this one Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this recipe last night for Dad and me. Dad took a bite and said, "this is too hot for you." And he was right it was too hot for me. It was different but not a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this one, we will definitely make this again.

    ReplyDelete