Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Snack Attack

Zack and I mixed this stuff today (recipe is from my food network mag- 50 After-School Snacks) and it was just plain ol' goodness. It had a great combination of sweet and spice. It is a nice healthy little snack and I just thought I would share it with you. It is easy to whip up and was all stuff I already had in the house.
We halved the recipe and what is left that I somehow managed to not devour, I am going to put in a zip lock baggie and put in the car. Seems like I am ALWAYS hungry the second I climb into the car.

Smoky Pretzel Mix
Preheat oven 325 degrees. Melt 1/2 stick butter with 3 TBS brown sugar, 1 tsp smoked paprika and 1/4 tsp cayenne in small sauce pan. Toss with 3 cups mini pretzels and 2 cups mixed nuts. Spread on a baking sheet and bake 20 minutes, stirring.

*Cooks notes: I used "I Can Not Believe It's Not Butter" and for the mixed nuts I used almonds, peanuts, pecans, and few cashews and it was yummy! I also only baked mine for about 17 minutes.

1 comment: