Thursday, September 2, 2010

Buttermilk Pancakes

DRY MIX
2 cups flour
2 TBLS sugar (heaping)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda (heaping)

WET MIX
2 cups buttermilk & 2TBLS extra
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sour cream (heaping)
2 eggs
3 TBLS butter melted (let cool)


Mix Dry ingredients together in a bowl
Mix Wet ingredients together in a seperate bowl
Mix all together with very few stirs as possible. Like 15 is all.
The batter is supposed to be lumpy.
Let sit for 10 minutes before putting on the gridle.

Tastes best with REAL Maple syrup.
We make this all the time and my family loves them!
Hope you guys will too!

4 comments:

  1. These look SO yummy. I can't wait to make these!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these and it was hard to not over mix. They were definitely lumpy. But the batter was fine. We LOVED these they were so light and yummy. We rate these a 5.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were so light and yummy! Like a ding dong after I threw mine on the griddle I saw to "let sit for 10 minutes". Oooooops! Still turned out great and will be a staple in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made these last night and we loved them. I added blueberries to them too since I had blueberries left over from Allison's cobbler. They were the best, light and good. 5! I also found it hard to not over stir them.

    ReplyDelete