Monday, January 10, 2011

I am on a roll.....the picture in the book looked good.

Santa Fe Casserole Bake
1 lb lean ground beef
1 pkg (1.25 ounces) Lawry's Taco Spices & Seasonings
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup dairy sour cream
1 can (7 oz) diced green chiles
1 pkg (11 oz)grated Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sliced green onions with tops

In medium skillet, brown meat and stir until crumbly; drain fat. Add Taco Spices & Seasonings; blend well. In small bowl, combine broth and flour. Add to meat mixture; bring to a boil to slightly thicken liquid. Stir in sour cream and chiles; blend well. In 13 x 9 x 2-inch lightly greased glass baking dish, place mixture, 1/2 of beef mixture, 1/2 of sauce, 1/2 of cheese and 1/2 of green onions. Layer again with remaining ingredients ending with green onions. Bake, uncovered, in 375 degree oven for 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Makes 6 servings

4 comments:

  1. I made this casseroll tonight and it was really good. Everyone enjoyed this recipe. It was easy also. I know I will make this one again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I baked some corn tortillas until crunchy and broke them into pieces- put a layer of meat-layer of torttillas-layer of cheese- then repeated. It was a really good easy weeknight family meal. I served it with Jen's southwest corn salad. I think next time I will use 1 1/2 cups broth instead of the 2 it calls for. Good job mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I goofed and left out an ingredient. It calls for corn tortilla chips. When placing ingredients in your casseroll dish you first add the tortilla chips in the bottom, add 1/2 beef mixture, 1/2 sauce, 1/2 cheese and then chips, beef, sauce, and cheese with onions on top. Sorry everyone. The chips absorb some of the sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we liked this dish, Isabella liked the meat.

    ReplyDelete