Saturday, January 1, 2011

Jalapeno Popper Dip

This is the dip I made for New Year's Eve.

Jalapeno Popper Dip
  • 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese at room temp
  • 1 cup mayo
  • 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies *I like fire roasted
  • 1 (4 oz) can chopped jalapenos *I bought a jar of sliced jalapenos, chopped them and added 1/4 cup. I thought this was the right amount of heat, add more if you like it really spicy
  • 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Either in your Kitchen Aid or food processor (I used Kitchen Aid), add the first six ingredients and process until smooth. Spread dip into a greased pie pan or two quart baking dish.
  3. In a bowl, mix Panko breadcrumbs, remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and melted butter until well incorporated.
  4. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over the dip and bake for about 20 minutes or until top is browned and the dip is bubbly.
  5. Serve with chips, crackers, or toasted baguette slices.

5 comments:

  1. love it! can't wait to devour it again! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ya, i haven't found any recipes yet, but i will........soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS it looks so yummy! can't wait to try it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this dip...it was so yummy and not too hot for me. Imagine that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!, I really liked the Panko bread crumbs, it added a great texture. I only added 1/4 cup jalapeno's like Allison suggested and it was plenty of heat for me. Howard said he would have like the entire can. Great recipe Allison!

    ReplyDelete