Monday, September 27, 2010

Grilled Wasabi-Honey Shrimp

Grilled Wasabi-Honey Shrimp
1/4 cup Honey
2 TBS Wasabi Powder
1/4 Vegetable Oil
2 lbs Shrimp-Peeled & Deveined
2 TBS Toasted Sesame Seeds

In a large bowl, stir together the honey, wasabi and 1 tsp salt until a paste forms; whisk in oil. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. thread the shrimp onto skewers. Preheat a lightly greased grill (we just spray the shrimp with Pam before we put it on the grill and it works great). Add the shrimp skewers and cook, turning once until pink and opaque, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle the sesame seeds all over.

I think this would be really good with rice and some snow peas. I do have a big can of wasabi powder that I have had for a while but I can't remember if I got it at an Asian specialty store or at Cost Plus. I do have enough I can share and bring it to you on our girls weekend. So if you want it leave a comment on here and I will bring it for you.

4 comments:

  1. YUM! These all look tasty! I can't wait to start new recipes for October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made this tonight and absolutely loved it! I think it could have even used a tad bit more wasabi powder. When you stir together the wasabi, honey, and salt use a fork. I used a whisk and it just got stuck in the whisk like tar. Also halved the recipe for Vic & myself which was about 20 shrimp. Be sure to spray your measuring cup with Pam before measuring out the honey. But I seriously loved this & hope you guys will enjoy those little shrimpies as much as we did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were so easy to make. We love shrimp so my family was thrilled to have a shrimp dish. They were sweeter than I thought. I thought the wasabi would make them a little hotter, not so. I substituted olive oil for vegetable oil because it is better for you and it worked fine. Alexander ate 2 skewers all by himself. I think half the fun for Isabella is she writes down the rating for me so I can post them. However here are our ratings.
    Howard 4
    Jennifer 4.5
    Alexander 4
    Joshua 4
    Nathaniel 4
    Isabella 0, she barely took a nibble exclaiming she does not like shrimp. I tried to get her to take a whole bite....not happening. But she had fun writing down her 0.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I know I am a bit slow but tonight was the night for the shrimp. My excuse is that Dad has been gone so much of the month and I have not cooked at all. I loved these shrimp. They were so tasty and sweet. Dad gave them a 4 and I gave them a 5. YUM!

    ReplyDelete