So I have posted 4 new recipes. Make one or make them all, I hope you make them all. I also hope they turn out great! Thanks for cooking and experimenting with me!
Pumpkin Cake with Cider Caramel Sauce
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup oil (I am planning on using 1/4 cup oil and 1/2 cup applesauce)
1-15 oz can pumpkin
2 eggs
Combine the first 6 ingredients. Add oil, pumpkin, and eggs. Whisk until blended. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes. Cool and top with sauce (posted below) before serving.
Cider Caramel Sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 TBS cornstarch
2/3 cup apple cider
2 TBS heavy cream
1 TBS butter
Shake of salt
In a saucepan, whisk brown sugar and cornstarch. Add cider and stir in the cream, butter and salt. Cook over medium high heat, whisking constantly, until large bubbles form around the edge of the saucepan, about 3 minutes. Pour sauce over each individual piece of cake and top with vanilla ice cream if desired (or in Jen's case, put ice cream in a separate bowl).
This was a yummy fall desert! Changes I made to the recipe were: I used splenda instead of granulated sugar and I used 1/4 cup oil and 1/2 cup applesauce to replace the 3/4 cup oil it called for. I think I may have liked it better with apple juice instead of cider in the caramel suace but I still give it 4. Vic gives it a 4.5, one friend gave it a 5, another friend gave it a 4.5.
ReplyDeleteOh the sauce was also pretty tasty on the ice cream we served with the cake!
ReplyDeleteha ha allison so funny. I don't like my cake ruined with melted ice cream!
ReplyDeleteIsabella was my little one who took survey from everyone. She had her clip board and walked around the house asking everyone what they rated this cake. I also took Allison's suggestion and used the applesauce, this cake was so moist. We Loved it. Howard said he liked it better without the sauce, NOT me. I loved the sauce. A fun fall treat!
ReplyDeleteNathaniel 4
Howard 3.5
Mom 4
Joshua 4
Alexander 5