Courtesy Bobby Flay
These will go good with the soup I think.
2 cups flour plus a little more to cover rolling out surface
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces.
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup heavy cream
freshly ground pepper
preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
In a bowl combine the dry indredients and blend thoroughly. Cream the butter with your fingers or a fork, until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the buttermilk a little at a time, and using your hands or a fork, work it in just until it's thoroughly incorporate and you have a smooth ball of dough. *Don't overwork or over handle the dough.
On a lightly floured surface, press the dough out into a round that is about 1 inch thick. Using a round cookie cutter or the rim of a drinking glass, press out (2 1/2 inch) rounds; you should get about 7 biscuits. If you like, you can re-roll the leftover dough to make more. ut the texture of these will be denser than the others.
Place the dough rounds on the prepared baking sheet and brush the tops with cream. Grind fresh pepper over the top of biscuits, if desired. Bake until golden brown on the bottom, about 12-15 minutes. Serve warm with butter and honey!
We have made these and they are the best biscuits I have ever had!
I have always wanted to have a great recipe for Biscuits and I think you just found one. AWESOME ! You are right it would be good with soup.
ReplyDeleteGreat job Camille. Your choices look good. I look forward to making all of them, Blair will be shocked by all the new food he gets.
ReplyDeleteMade these tonight and they were rockin'! Loooved them- 5 stars!
ReplyDeletePS- is 350 degrees right? i usually have to bake stuff way under the amount of time the recipe suggests and i had to bake these for about 20 minutes before they even began to show a speck of golden brown???
ReplyDeleteI made these tonight. They tasted really good but my cooking expertise (lack of it) I had a hard time getting all the dough to stick to make a ball. I was not too sure what to do with the cream. It took less than a 1/2 c to put on top of them before I cooked them. 3 stars.
ReplyDeleteMade these tonight, loved them. the flavor was fantastic! we give these a 4.5
ReplyDelete